Monday, August 28, 2023

Review: "Shattered Truths" by H. Hunting

I'm thrilled to celebrate the release of "Shattered Truths" by Helena Hunting (writing as H. Hunting), book #3 of the Lies, Hearts & Truths series. Characters from the previous books (as well as the earlier Pucked series) make appearances in this one, but it reads as a standalone.
 
Like the previous two books of this series, "Shattered Truths" was quite the emotional roller coaster, but I couldn't put it down. Main characters Winter Marks and Randall "BJ" Ballistic III (son of Randy and Lily from "Pucked Over") were incredibly likeable and three-dimensional. Their chemistry was phenomenal, and I liked that it was a slower build - not really a slow burn, but they definitely hit all the bases before heading for home! I also appreciated the way they communicated with each other; they had the hard conversations, and it only made them stronger as a couple.
 
Overall, Winter and BJ's story was my personal favorite of the series and I adored it. I highly recommend this book for all fans of angsty/emotional contemporary romance and look forward to whatever Hunting writes next.
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.
 
CW: Domestic Abuse
 

About "Shattered Truths"

The first time I met Winter Marks, I almost took her out with my Jeep.
To be fair, she came out of nowhere.

I flirted with her, and she flipped me off and disappeared into the woods on her bike.
But she left me a souvenir: a single hockey skate.

Seemed to me that divine intervention shouldn’t be ignored.

She was my icy Cinderella and I would be her Prince Not-So-Charming.

Winter was more than just a sassy, badass hockey-playing hottie.
She’s stuck in a prison of a life. And I’m the perfect escape.

Neither of us expected to fall.
Or for the truth to shatter us. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)