Thursday, August 10, 2023

Review: "Mr. & Mrs. Fix-It Find Love" by Ellie Hall

Mr. & Mrs. Fix-It Find Love

Mr. & Mrs. Fix-It Find Love by Ellie Hall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Returning to her hometown of Butterbury, Georgia after traveling the world for almost twenty years, Louella Belle Barnes is in desperate need of a job - any job. After striking out locally, she decides to enter a national home improvement show's competition for a new co-host. She may not have much in the way of construction experience, but she does have a positive attitude, and it's carried her through tougher challenges than this. What could she have to lose?

Meanwhile, the current host of the show, Bo Boone aka Mr. Fix-It, is in the midst of finalizing a contentious divorce. He's had enough of the spotlight after his ex-wife publicly humiliated him and secretly plans to leave the show once they've chosen a new co-host. Sparks fly as soon as Bo and Ella Belle meet, but he backs off when he learns that she's one of the contestants. Dating on set is against the rules, and besides, how can Bo trust that Ella Belle won't break his heart just like his ex did?

I've been reading the Home Sweet Home series out of order, so I've gotten to know Bo and Louella Belle from other stories. I really enjoyed going back to the beginning and learning more about how they met, as well as how she started working with the other "Ladybosses," Mae, Camellia, and Christina. Bo and Ella Belle could not have been cuter together, and I particularly loved learning more about her adventures in the years she was away from Butterbury. I've always known she had a big heart, but it was even more obvious after reading this story.

I highly recommend "Mr. and Mrs. Fix-It Find Love" (and the entire Home Sweet Home series) for all sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I can't wait to find out what the author comes up with next!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)