Thursday, October 19, 2023

Review: "My Boyfriend Is a Vampire" by Eva Knight

My Boyfriend Is a Vampire

My Boyfriend Is a Vampire by Eva Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the interest of full disclosure, I am not at all into the vampire thing. In fact, when Twilight was at the height of its popularity, if you had asked me to choose between Team Edward and Team Jacob, I probably would have chosen Team Stake Through My Heart just to get out of the conversation. However, I love Helena Hunting (no matter her pen name), so when I heard that she was writing a vampire rom-com, I knew I had to give it a try.

Anyway. I am probably (definitely) not the target market for this book. That being said...

I actually kind of enjoyed it. I especially liked that Hazy applied her scientific mind to the situation and really tried to understand Godric and where he came from, as well as how their physical relationship impacted her. The two of them geeking out over test results may have been my favorite part of the book. I was also surprisingly invested in the conflict about their different rates of aging and the challenges it presented for the future of their relationship. There wasn't an easy answer for them on how to move forward, but I really liked the way the author chose to handle it.

So did this book change my mind about vampire romances in general? Am I going to wake up tomorrow and decide to go searching for a (possibly sparkly?) blood-sucker of my own? No. But am I glad I read it? Yes. It was a fun change of pace from what I normally read and a good way to get into the Halloween mood. I don't think I'll be picking up another one, but I will be recommending this one for my fellow rom-com fans.

*Review copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)