Friday, October 20, 2023

Review: "The Forever Pact" by Jaimie Casey

The Forever Pact by Jaimie Casey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After catching her fiance with another woman, Pippa Chase calls off her wedding and impulsively runs away to childhood best friend TJ Wyatt's ranch in the small town of Paradise Valley, Montana. Their only communication in recent years has been an annual exchange of Christmas cards, so it's quite a surprise when TJ finds Pippa waiting for him outside his barn. They promised that they'd always be there for each other, however, and Pippa needs a friend now more than ever. As they get to know each other again as adults, secrets from the past are revealed, and Pippa and TJ realize that their feelings for each other are stronger than just friendship. But TJ can't shake the fear that Pippa hasn't gotten over her ex-fiance. Can she prove that TJ is the man for her?

I loved seeing the evolution of Pippa and TJ's childhood friendship through the letters included at the beginning of each chapter as well as the way they got to know each other again in the present. The gradual shift in the way they saw each other as they realized what they'd felt for each other all along was perfectly paced. They were one of those couples that just seemed to fit together, and despite her New York upbringing, Pippa fit perfectly with TJ's friend group in Paradise Valley, too. His friends were a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to their stories (as well as Pippa's best friend Emma's).

I highly recommend this funny, sweet, and heartwarming story for all sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I can't wait for the next book in the series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)