Friday, October 27, 2023

Review: "Stranded with Scrooge" by Maude Winters

Stranded with Scrooge: A Semi-Royal Enemies to Lovers Christmas Novella

Stranded with Scrooge: A Semi-Royal Enemies to Lovers Christmas Novella by Maude Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

All Nira Mayhew-Sharma wants for Christmas is to get home in time to celebrate the holiday with her family in England, but she's stranded in Canada thanks to the snowstorm that grounded her flight. Auggie Lear is also on his way home to England, though not to celebrate; he's recently divorced and his 12-year-old son is spending Christmas with his mother this year. A misunderstanding leads Auggie to believe that Nira is spoiled and entitled, and he doesn't hesitate to let her know what he thinks. Meanwhile, she thinks he's a grinch. The last thing they want is to be stuck together, but neither of them is going anywhere anytime soon. A temporary truce soon gives way to an unlikely friendship...along with a growing attraction that will be impossible for either of them to ignore.

I really enjoyed Nira and Auggie's chemistry and witty banter. They were actually a pretty cute couple once they got past the initial animosity, and I loved that the epilogue brought their story full circle. They ended up in exactly the perfect place, and I was rooting for them the whole way.

I'd recommend this charming novella for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans and look forward to the author's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)