Thursday, October 19, 2023

Review: "Wood Riddance" by Daphne Elliot

Wood Riddance

Wood Riddance by Daphne Elliot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Gagnon and Hebert families of Lovewell, Maine have been at odds for generations because of their competing timber companies, but after learning that his father was responsible for her father's death, Adele Gagnon hates Finn Hebert more than ever. Even though Finn and his brothers had no knowledge of or involvement in their father's crimes, they're now in danger of losing the family business. That means Finn needs to find another job to help support his 10-year-old daughter, Merry, and keep his dream of starting his own flight tourism business alive. Adele's older brother Henri decides to give Finn a chance when the Gagnons need a qualified pilot to help them complete an aerial survey of the land they recently purchased, but unfortunately, Adele gets stuck with supervising him. Trapped together by an unexpected storm one afternoon, the sparks between Finn and Adele ignite into a passion that neither of them can ignore. Family feud notwithstanding, Finn quickly realizes that Adele is the only woman for him, but can he convince her that their love is worth risking her family's wrath?

The chemistry between Finn and Adele was fantastic! I loved that he didn't give up on her no matter how many times she tried to shut him down. Despite the obstacles that stood in their way, he knew what he wanted from the beginning and wasn't afraid to fight for it. I also loved that Finn was such a devoted dad to his daughter Merry and tried so hard to make her proud of him. As for Adele, while she was certainly prickly at times, I found her to be very endearing too. I particularly liked that she always stood up for herself, especially with her brothers. It can't have been easy for her to grow up as the only girl in her family, but she more than held her own.

Overall, I adored "Wood Riddance" and highly recommend it for all contemporary romance fans. While I'm sad that this series is coming to an end, this book was a truly epic conclusion. I can't wait to get started on the next series featuring Finn's brothers!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)