Friday, October 27, 2023

Review: "The Chad Next Door" by Dana LeCheminant

The Chad Next Door

The Chad Next Door by Dana LeCheminant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Burned out from work and a recent breakup, private investigator Chad Briggs decides to spend some time alone at his vacation home in the small town of Laketown, Colorado. Unfortunately, his peace and quiet is interrupted when Hope Duncan moves into the run-down house next door with her 7-year-old niece, Zelda, and 6-year-old nephew, Link. Chad tries to keep his distance but can't seem to avoid getting entangled with Hope and the kids, even offering them a place to stay when an early season snowstorm leaves them with no heat or electricity. As the storm rages outside, Hope and Chad grow closer, and she begins to realize that she's never felt as safe or happy with anyone as she does with her much older neighbor. Their age difference isn't the only obstacle standing in the way of a relationship, however. Can they find a way to make it work?

This book gave me all the feels, but in the end, I could only be happy that Hope, Chad, and the kids found each other. Chad may have been grumpy at times, but he had a huge heart. I think he wanted a family of his own more than he'd admitted even to himself. He was great with Zelda and Link, and I loved how supportive he was of Hope too. Her personality was a perfect balance for his, and their chemistry was off the charts. What I most loved about this book, however, was how funny it was. I laughed so hard I was almost crying during the scene with Hope and her new friend Jane in the hardware store. Hope may have missed her true calling as a spy! ;-)

I highly recommend "The Chad Next Door" for all sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and rom-com fans and can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)