Saturday, February 13, 2021

Review: "I Think We're Alone Now" by Claire Hastings

I Think We're Alone Now

I Think We're Alone Now by Claire Hastings
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"I Think We're Alone Now" by Claire Hastings was an enjoyable novella featuring endearing characters and a fun, nostalgic 1980s vibe that reminded me of all the best parts of my early childhood. The story's main characters, mall security guard turned reluctant bodyguard Travis Parker and pop star Elle "Glitter" Roberts, knew each other as teenagers through Elle's older brother Bryan, who was also Travis's best friend. They hadn't seen each other in years, however, and Travis had no idea that Elle had grown up to become the famous (and beautiful) performer. When they met again on the day of Elle's performance at the mall where Travis worked, there was an instant connection between them, complete with intense chemistry and lots of flirty banter. Travis soon found himself guarding Elle's body in more ways than he anticipated, but their time together was limited by Elle's need to return to Los Angeles and Travis's pending acceptance into the police academy. Could they find a way to turn their relationship into more than just a fling?

Overall, "I Think We're Alone Now" was a short but sweet story with just the right amount of steam. I recommend this totally rad read for fans of contemporary(-ish) romance and romantic comedy and will definitely be checking out more books by this author in the future.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)