Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Review: "You Rock" by Lola West

You Rock

You Rock by Lola West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"You Rock" by Lola West was a sweet yet steamy novella featuring college-aged strangers who met during a Valentine's Day blind date scavenger hunt and spent one magical night exploring Boston together. For Olivia (aka Ginger), it was a night out of time, separate from her real life which was full of unwanted responsibilities. For Eric (aka Fred), it was a chance to let go of his natural inhibitions and share a few of his secrets with someone who wouldn't judge or criticize him.

Olivia and Eric's chemistry was immediately apparent, and I enjoyed their flirty, witty banter over the course of the story. I could tell that their connection was genuine even after such a short amount of time together, and the bittersweet ending when they were forced to go their separate ways, trusting in serendipity or fate to bring them back together when the time was right, was surprisingly emotional.

Overall, I really enjoyed and would recommend "You Rock" for fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait for the continuation of Eric and Olivia’s story in Lola West's upcoming series, With the Band (coming later in 2021).

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)