Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Review: "Make Me Smile" by Ember Leigh

Make Me Smile

Make Me Smile by Ember Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored "Make Me Smile," the sixth and final story of Ember Leigh's Bayshore series. This laugh-out-loud funny, sweet, and heartwarming novella was the perfect finale to a delightful series. I recommend reading the first five books of the series first, or at least Connor Daly and Kinsley Cabana's story in "Make Me Fall," because it provides valuable context for the events of "Make Me Smile." (Besides, the Daly boys are all totally swoon-worthy, and I loved every single one of their stories.)

Kinsley and Connor were more in love than ever when the story began, but as their wedding date approached, Kinsley grew increasingly nervous that something bad would happen to ruin their day because of the longstanding feud between their families. Working with her future sister-in-law Hazel, she came up with a plan to put matters to rest once and for all, but the more they tried to get the Dalys and the Cabanas to come together, the more impossible the task seemed. Kinsley was determined to prevail, however, and Connor was equally determined to do everything in his power to give his Sunny-Kins the beautiful wedding she deserved. I loved seeing the two of them work together to achieve their HEA, despite their parents' shenanigans and assorted pre-wedding disasters that threatened to ruin everything.

Overall, this story really did make me smile, and I highly recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I'm going to miss these characters and the quirky little town of Bayshore tremendously! I look forward to seeing what Ember Leigh comes up with next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)