Friday, May 6, 2022

Review: "The Road Home" by Amy Alves

Congratulations to Amy Alves on the release of her latest novel, "The Road Home," book #6 of the Landry Love series. Characters from previous books of the series make appearances in this one, but it reads as a complete standalone. 

"The Road Home" was a delightful friends-to-lovers romance that featured endearing characters and a compelling plot. Main characters Sean and Sadie were a fantastic couple, and the evolution of their relationship from friends to lovers was perfectly paced. Sweet and flirty yet protective Sean was an absolutely perfect book boyfriend; I adored his efforts to make Sadie laugh as well as everything he did to help her through the tough situation in which she found herself after leaving her abusive ex-boyfriend. As for Sadie, it was almost frightening how relatable she was. Part of me has always wondered how apparently smart women end up in long-term domestic violence situations, and especially why they stay, but based on Sadie's experiences, it wasn't difficult to see how something similar could happen to any number of people I know. I couldn't help but admire Sadie's strength and resilience after everything she'd been through.
 
I haven't read the previous books of this series yet, but I will be fixing that ASAP because I really enjoyed the found family aspect of Sean and Sadie's story. The small, close-knit town of Landry seemed like a magical place filled with fun and quirky characters, and I can't wait to read more of their stories. I particularly loved the cameo appearances from Sean and Sadie's friend Lauren, who was hilarious when she let her crazy come out to play.
 
Overall, I very much enjoyed and would recommend "The Road Home" for all contemporary/small town romance fans. I think it's supposed to be the final book of the series, but I hope Sean's sisters Noa and Katie will get stories in the future!
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.   
 

About "The Road Home"

Sadie Miller is Landry's sweet, gorgeous kindergarten and yoga teacher. Meaning I'd have to either borrow a kid or get comfortable with downward dog in order to spend time with her.

I chose the latter.


After accidentally showing up to her prenatal yoga class, feeling like an idiot, did I still have the nerve to ask her out? You bet I did. Nothing could have stopped me.

Except meeting her boyfriend.

So I waited. Hoping that one day she’d see me as more than her charming mechanic friend who flirts with her like it’s his job.

Until one night led to me being so much more—protector, rescuer, friend, roommate. Hopefully, I’m also the guy who breaks her abusive ex’s face.

But nothing more. Not yet.

Because this isn’t about what I want, it’s about what Sadie needs. And she sure as hell doesn’t need her new roommate making a move on her. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)