Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Review: "Starry-Eyed Love" by Helena Hunting

Starry-Eyed Love

Starry-Eyed Love by Helena Hunting
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Starry-Eyed Love" was a sweet, heartwarming slow burn romance between middle sister London Spark, responsible for the financial and administrative aspects of family-run event hotel Spark House, and multi-millionaire tech mogul Jackson Holt, CEO of Holt Media & Consulting. Their feelings for each other were apparent early on, but they fought to remain professional as they worked together to plan a charity event at Spark House. I loved their banter and the way the chemistry between them steadily increased as the event approached. When they finally acted on their feelings, it was totally worth the wait.

The main reason I rated the book 4 stars instead of 5 is that London's older sister Avery, the protagonist of the previous book in the series ("When Sparks Fly"), drove me crazy in this story. Even as Spark House continued to grow and host more events, she refused to consider hiring additional staff, insisting that only family members should be involved in the hotel's management. It made her seem really insensitive to London and their younger sister Harley's needs, especially their need for an improved work-life balance.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and recommend it for all contemporary romance fans. I look forward to Harley's story next year.

*Review copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)