Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Review: "Out in the Country" by Alexandra Hale

Out in the Country Out in the Country by Alexandra Hale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mechanic Everett Teal and ER nurse Hayden Scott have been best friends for years. Everett recently realized that he's gay and that his feelings for Hayden go beyond friendship, but the problem is that, as far as Hayden knows, Everett is straight. He's finally worked up the courage to make his move while they're away for the weekend attending a friend's wedding. When he realizes the truth, Hayden is understandably surprised and worried that he'll lose his best friend if their romantic relationship doesn't work out. Can Everett convince Hayden that their love is worth the risk?

Hayden and Everett were so cute together! After meeting them in earlier books of the series, I think it's safe to say that the only one who didn't know Everett was in love with Hayden was Hayden. They knew each other well after decades of friendship, but obviously they could still surprise each other. I loved how light and fun their story was, particularly the text message exchanges and Hayden's unlikely friendship with Sorren. (I can't believe they bonded over romance novels, of all things!)

I highly recommend this story for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans and can't wait for the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)