Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Review: "Cast and Caught" by Katharine Sadler

Cast and Caught Cast and Caught by Katharine Sadler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The last thing Goldenrod "Goldy" Weston wants to do is learn to fly fish, but her cousin and best friend Brittany, who also happens to be her boss, has decided that it's a necessary skill for them as they launch their new preschool in the small town of Catalpa Creek. Brittany believes competing in the town's annual fly fishing competition will attract more parents and students to the school. Henry Cooper, the contractor in charge of renovating the old Victorian-style house where the school will be located, volunteers to teach them, but when Brittany backs out at the last minute, Goldy ends up spending the day alone with Henry and his 5-year-old son, Max. For Henry, it's the perfect opportunity to spend time with the woman to whom he's secretly attracted, though he's convinced that Goldy hates him. The truth is that she likes him too much and is trying to keep him at a distance. She's been burned by men in the past, and besides, she's keeping a secret that she believes would make him (and everyone else in town) think less of her. But as they get to know each other better, will Goldy be able to resist the pull of the attraction between them?

Like the first book of this series, Henry and Goldy's story gave me all the feels and I loved it. I particularly appreciated that there was such a sense of growth for each of them over the course of the story. In a lot of ways, Goldy reminded me of Amy from The Big Bang Theory in that she wanted desperately to be liked and accepted but always seemed to be a step apart from everyone else. It wasn't until she came to Catalpa Creek, met Henry, and began repairing her relationship with her sisters that she finally found a place to belong. I'm sure there's more baggage for the Weston sisters to work through in future stories, but I was happy to see them start to grow closer in this book.

Overall, "Cast and Caught" was a funny, sweet story with the perfect amount of spice, and I'd highly recommend it for all contemporary/small town romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)