Monday, April 3, 2023

Review: "Wedding Games" by Evie Alexander

Wedding Games

Wedding Games by Evie Alexander
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Wedding Games" by Evie Alexander was everything I've loved about the Kinloch series and more: laugh-out-loud funny, sweet, and ever-so-slightly ridiculous, but heartwarming at the same time. It's best to read this story after all of the other books to avoid spoilers, but for readers who've already been introduced to the delightful couples of Kinloch, Rory and Zoe's wedding serves as a perfect epilogue to the series. The event has turned into more of a production than either of them wanted, but there's no escaping their well-meaning friends and family. I think my favorite part of the whole thing was the unexpected bromance between Zoe's dad and Rory's stepfather, wacky actor Brad Bauer. Talk about opposites attract - those two couldn't have been more different if they tried.

I was also intrigued by the introduction of the Foxbrooke family, who will star in Alexander's next series. Given their connection to Rory, hopefully this isn't the last we've seen of the Kinloch couples!

I highly recommend "Wedding Games" for all romantic comedy fans, though as noted above, I'd recommend reading the earlier books of the series first. I'm excited to find out what Alexander has in store for us next!

*Review copy provided by the author via BookSirens. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)