Friday, April 21, 2023

Review: "Third Time's The Charm" by Samantha Baca

Third Time's The Charm

Third Time's The Charm by Samantha Baca
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

With his stepfather unable to work due to a recent surgery, firefighter Jack Capshaw decides to take indefinite leave from his job to help out at their family restaurant, the Surf 'N Shack. Even with Capshaw there, the restaurant remains short-staffed, so his younger sister Lia suggests hiring her best friend, Kensy, who's recently returned to Beaumont Creek following her father's death. She's looking for something to pay the bills while she tries to get her photography business off the ground. For several reasons, Capshaw is initially reluctant to hire Kensy, but he soon realizes that she's a hard worker and great with the customers. Besides, as far as his parents and sister are concerned, Kensy is family, and that means doing whatever they can to help her get back on her feet. It also means that he must resist the temptation to act on his secret attraction to her - especially when she needs a place to stay and ends up crashing in his guest room.

I was excited to read Capshaw's story after meeting him in the earlier books of this series, but it turned out to be even better than I'd hoped. He was such a sweet guy and I loved that even though he felt protective of Kensy, he was willing to stand back and let her make her own decisions. He respected the fact that she wanted to make it on her own and waited to offer help until she was ready for it. Their chemistry was fantastic and the mutual pining early in the story was very well done. When they finally got together, there was plenty of steam, though I will say that the many food references in those scenes weren't my cup of tea. I did enjoy the humor, however (the power outage scene had me laughing out loud), and the twist in the final third of the book was a real shocker. It kept me on the edge of my seat right up until the end, and I adored the way everything was resolved.

Overall, I very much enjoyed this funny, sweet, and steamy story, which I highly recommend for all fans of contemporary/small town romance. I look forward to the author's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)