Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Review: "Rose With My Fake Fiance" by Liz Alden

Rosé with My Fake Fiancé Rosé with My Fake Fiancé by Liz Alden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Travel writer Tessa O'Keefe recently decided to move to Portugal for a year, but before she settles into her new apartment, she's meeting up with several friends for a weekend in Paris. A series of unfortunate events leads to her being on her own for the first day of the trip, so Tessa, having visited Paris several times in the past, decides to cancel the guided city tour they'd previously booked. Her plans change again after she meets handsome tour guide Luc, who convinces her to spend the day with him anyway. Later that afternoon, Tessa and Luc are returning to her hotel after a wonderful day together when they unexpectedly run into her odious ex-boyfriend, who happens to be staying at the same hotel with his new fiancee. Sensing Tessa's discomfort, Luc impulsively comes to her rescue by claiming to be her fiance. They agree to keep up the ruse after Tessa's suspicious ex invites them to his engagement party the following evening, but can Luc persuade Tessa to give him a chance at a real relationship too?

I really enjoyed this charming story, which was the perfect length for a quick afternoon read. I particularly appreciated that Tessa was a slightly "older" heroine (42) - very relatable considering that's just a few years older than me! I understood her concerns about dating Luc, not just because of their age difference (she was 11 years older than him), but also because of the fact that they lived in different countries. Besides, her last breakup had really damaged her confidence, and after that she'd given up on the idea of ever getting married. Luc was determined to change her mind, however, and he was the perfect man to do it. He really was a sweetheart, and I loved how devoted he was to caring for his grandmother, who was a fun secondary character. I also liked Tessa's friend group and look forward to seeing more of them in future stories.

I'd recommend "Rose with My Fake Fiance" for all contemporary romance fans and look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)