Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Review: "Playboy Playmaker" by Maren Moore

Playboy Playmaker

Playboy Playmaker by Maren Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Playboy Playmaker" by Maren Moore was a satisfying conclusion to the Totally Pucked series, featuring likeable, three-dimensional characters and LOTS of steam. Generally speaking, I'm not a big fan of stories featuring the age gap trope, but this one mostly worked for me. Even though female protagonist Caroline Evans was 13 years younger than her love interest, professional hockey player Hudson Rome, her confidence often made her seem older. That's not to say that their age difference wasn't a problem for them, but the real challenge was overcoming the disapproval of Caroline's father, Hudson's head coach. He'd never been able to see past the playboy reputation Hudson earned as a rookie, and it made Hudson the last man he'd ever choose to date his daughter.

One thing that was never an issue for Hudson and Caroline was chemistry; in fact, they almost couldn't keep their hands off each other from the moment they met. Fans of steamy scenes will have no trouble finding them in this book! For me, however, there was a little too much focus on the steam throughout the middle part of the story. I found myself starting to skim through those parts because the plot felt to me like it was dragging, and I really wanted to know what was going to happen when Caroline's father finally learned the truth. The story picked back up around 80%, and from there I couldn't put it down until I'd turned the last page.

Overall, I enjoyed and would recommend "Playboy Playmaker" for all fans of steamy contemporary/sports romance. I look forward to whatever the author writes next. (If that happens to be a story for Hudson's teammate Chaney, I wouldn't complain!)

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)