Thursday, September 1, 2022

Review: "Bitter Sweet Heart" by H. Hunting

Bitter Sweet Heart

Bitter Sweet Heart by H. Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As much as I enjoyed the first book of this series ("Little Lies"), I think "Bitter Sweet Heart" was even better. The book's protagonists, Maverick Waters and Clover Sweet, were incredibly likeable and three-dimensional, and despite their age difference, they were absolutely perfect for each other. I loved their immediate chemistry as well as the deep bond they formed as they got to know each other.

Clover and Maverick's story was something of an emotional roller coaster, both because of the initially forbidden nature of their relationship and because of the emotional baggage they were each carrying. For example, Maverick blamed himself for his sister Lavender's childhood trauma and put a lot of his time and energy into making up for that perceived failure. He was also struggling with the idea of forever living in his hockey legend father's shadow if he decided to follow in his footsteps with a career in the NHL. Even as she faced her own challenges, Clover was incredibly supportive of Maverick as he tried to figure out his path, and he was just as supportive of her.

Overall, I loved this story and highly recommend it for all fans of emotional contemporary romance. I can't wait for Maverick's cousin BJ's book next!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)