Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: "Kiss My Putt" by Tara Sivec

Congratulations to Tara Sivec on the release of her very first sports romance, "Kiss My Putt," book #1 of the Summersweet Island series. If someone had told me a month ago that I would read a golf-themed sports romance and love it, I would have said they were crazy. But then Tara Sivec, one of my very favorite authors, went and wrote one, so of course I had to read it, and it was quite possibly the best rom-com I've read so far this year!

Main characters Birdie Bennett and Palmer Campbell were incredibly likeable and well-developed, and I loved their snarky banter which made me laugh out loud more than once. I also loved that Birdie made Palmer work for her forgiveness after the way he cut off communications with her a few years earlier. Their chemistry remained strong despite the time apart and Birdie's understandable anger, but it took quite a while for them to act on it. I couldn't wait for them to finally give into their feelings and do something about it, and when they did, it was totally worth the wait.

As always with Sivec's books, the secondary characters were fantastic and added a tremendous amount of depth and humor to the story. I particularly loved Palmer and Birdie's respective best friends, Bodhi and Tess, who enjoyed a fun secondary romance as they helped Palmer and Birdie get their acts together. Tess legitimately scared me sometimes with her death threats and pyromania, but she was also hilarious and always had Birdie's back.

Overall, I absolutely adored "Kiss My Putt" and highly recommend it for all rom-com fans. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series, featuring Birdie's older sister Wren and baseball player Shep Oliver.

*ARC provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


About "Kiss My Putt"
  • Sports rom-com⁣
  • All the feels⁣
  • Small town/island⁣
  • Friends-enemies-lovers ⁣
  • Hot golfer in tight pants⁣
  • Dirty sexy times
  • Can be read as a standalone

“Palmer ‘Pal’ Campbell has epic breakdown on the 18th hole of the Bermuda Open! Video at 11.”

After spending my entire pro golfing career being known as the quiet, controlled, no-nonsense golfer on the tour, there’s nothing more humiliating than throwing all of that down the drain—or into a water hazard—on national television. Needing some place to hide, to lick my wounds and figure out what I even want to do with my life once this blows over, I can only think of one place I need to be. Summersweet Island, where everyone treats me like one of their own, and they’ll all be happy to have me home again.

Well, except maybe one person. It’s been two years since I last set foot on Summersweet Island or spoke to anyone there. But I’m sure Birdie Bennett, my best friend since I was 15 and the clubhouse manager of my favorite golf course, has had plenty of time to forgive me for that tiny little misunderstanding where I blocked her on social media and blocked her in my phone. Oh, and I guess I kind of, sort of accused her of being a stalker. It’s fine!

Once my sexy, spunky, former best friend gets over the shock of seeing me again and stops trying to drive a 9-iron into my skull, I can finally let her know I’ve also kind of, sort of always been in love with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)