Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Review: Make Me Choose

Make Me Choose Make Me Choose by Ember Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ember Leigh's "Make Me Choose," book #4 of the Bayshore series, was a sweet, funny enemies-to-lovers romance featuring likeable, well-developed characters and an engaging plot. A few characters from earlier books in the series made cameo appearances in this one, but even so, it worked as a standalone, so readers who haven't yet been introduced to the delightful Daly family can easily start with this one.

Much like his older brothers, the male lead character of "Make Me Choose," Weston Daly, was quite handsome and charming. After spending the last few years trying to build his brand as an Instagram influencer, Weston was at a crossroads in his career and trying to figure out how to take the next step forward. His sweet, relatable, and at times endearingly awkward love interest, Nova, was also at a crossroads in her career and trying to figure out how to make a change when she ran into Weston at a mutual friend's destination wedding in Aruba. Sparks flew from the first moment they saw each other, but it took some time before Nova was convinced that Weston was more than just a shallow playboy. Their banter along the way was a lot of fun, and I loved watching them discover their mutual interests in travel and photography. There were a few big obstacles standing in the way of their HEA, but I found it very easy to root for them to figure out their problems and end up together.

Overall, I loved "Make Me Choose" and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I am very much looking forward to the fifth and final book in the Bayshore series, starring youngest brother Maverick Daly, later this year!

*ARC provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)