Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Review: Crazy Sexy Love

Crazy Sexy Love Crazy Sexy Love by Alison G. Bailey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Alison G. Bailey's "Crazy Sexy Love," a laugh-out-loud funny story featuring a well-crafted slow burn romance, likeable characters, and what may have been the funniest (and most disastrous) shower scene I've ever read. Male lead character Doug came across as something of a goofball at first with his juvenile sense of humor and obvious aversion to commitment, but above all, he seemed like a good guy. The female lead, Sophie, wasn't exactly a poster child for commitment herself, so it made total sense for the two of them to fall into a friends with benefits arrangement when they were forced to move in together. They'd known each other for years, but Sophie had always found Doug to be kind of annoying and immature. As they spent more time together, however, she started to see him in a new light, finally realizing that he was much smarter and more caring than she ever knew. From there, real feelings started to develop, and it was easy for me to cheer Sophie and Doug on to their HEA.

The secondary characters in this book were also a lot of fun and added a tremendous amount of depth and humor to the narrative. I particularly enjoyed Sophie's Italian grandmother, who wasn't at all subtle in her efforts to play matchmaker. She obviously loved Sophie very much and just wanted her to be happy.

Overall, "Crazy Sexy Love" was a sweet, amusing read that I would recommend for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I will definitely be checking out more of this author's work in the future.

*ARC provided by the author via Wildfire Marketing Solutions. All opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)