Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: Splitting Heirs

splitting heirs Splitting Heirs by Diane Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Splitting Heirs" by Diane Michaels was a cute, sweet, and funny story featuring an interesting plot and likeable, quirky characters. The conflict over who would inherit main character Lauren's deceased great-aunt's sizeable estate took precedence over her romance with former high school nemesis Johnny, but even so, I felt like I got to know both Lauren and Johnny pretty well, and they had a strong connection by the end of the book. It was easy for me to root for them to end up together despite the obstacles that stood in their way.

The relationships between Lauren's relatives were quite complex, and it often seemed like they didn't like each other very much, with the exception of Lauren and her cousin Emma. Most of them came across as rather selfish and greedy, and truth be told, I wouldn't want to have to share a Thanksgiving dinner table with them! Emma and her best friend Troi were a lot of fun, however, and very different from the rest of the family. I'm looking forward to getting to know Emma better in the second book of this series.

Overall, I enjoyed "Splitting Heirs" and recommend it for all fans of chick lit or romantic comedy.

*ARC provided by the author/publisher via Hidden Gems Books. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)