Thursday, July 23, 2020

Review: Kitty Valentine Dates a Rockstar

Kitty Valentine Dates a Rockstar Kitty Valentine Dates a Rockstar by Jillian Dodd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Kitty Valentine Dates a Rockstar" by Jillian Dodd was just as cute and laugh-out-loud funny as the previous installments of this series have been, and I loved it. Kitty is a wonderful lead character: sweet, endearingly quirky, and a little clumsy at times, but so much braver than she thinks she is. She puts herself out there time and time again even though it's not easy for her to do, and she knows she might get hurt because casual relationships really aren't her thing. She seemed to do a bit better in terms of forming an emotional attachment to the subject of her dating research this time around, but unfortunately, she still managed to get hurt for different reasons.

Kitty's best friend, the snarky yet supportive Hayley, was just as much fun as usual, and I love that she's as much a sister to Kitty as a friend. I enjoyed seeing Hayley get a little flustered while meeting Kitty's romantic interest, former boy band member Dustin Grant. Hayley is normally so cool and collected, especially when compared to Kitty, but meeting Dustin turned her into a gushing, giggling fan girl, which made me laugh. It's nice to know that Hayley isn't quite as perfect as she sometimes seems! I find her to be a bit more human and relatable now, and I like her character even more than I did before.

Kitty's neighbor and frenemy Matt was also back in this installment, and I have to comment again on how much I love his and Kitty's banter. I really hope that the two of them end up together in the end. Watching them dance around each other through all of these books while Kitty dates other men for "research" is kind of like the ultimate slow burn relationship building, and I am here for it!

Overall, "Kitty Valentine Dates a Rockstar" was a tremendous amount of fun and I am very much looking forward to Kitty's next adventure. I highly recommend this series for all fans of chick lit and romantic comedy.

*ARC provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)