Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Review: "The Introvert’s Guide to Speed Dating" by Emma Hart

"The Introvert’s Guide to Speed Dating" by Emma Hart, book #2 of the Introvert's Guide series, is now live! It reads as a standalone, though it features a number of recurring characters from this series as well as the earlier Bookworm's Guide series, which was set in the same small Montana town. 
 
After moving back to her hometown of White Peak, starting a new relationship was the last thing on single mom London Stuart's to-do list. Between caring for her young son, Leo, and her new job as a journalist with the local newspaper, she had more than enough to keep her busy. In fact, she had just received a special assignment focusing on White Peak's new sports/training center, and she hoped that it would lead to a promotion. London's friends and family refused to accept her excuses for not dating, however, and pushed her to giving speed dating a try. She reluctantly agreed and ended up being paired with her son's handsome British soccer coach, Oliver Hayes. Oliver was immediately drawn to London and enjoyed spending time with her and her son, but she was determined to keep him at arm's length. Would he be able to convince her to give their romance a shot?

Oliver and London were both likeable, relatable characters, and I enjoyed their flirty banter. London's reluctance to get involved in a new relationship after the way things ended with her ex was completely understandable; she was afraid of getting hurt again, and it wouldn't only be her feelings involved, but her son's, too. Oliver was very sweet and patient with her, however, and I appreciated the way he integrated so well into her friend group. He may have been far away from his birth family in England, but he found a second family in White Peak that loved him like one of their own.

Overall, "The Introvert's Guide to Speed Dating" was a super cute, funny story, just as all of the books set in White Peak have been. I highly recommend it for fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy and look forward to the next book in the series.
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own. 
 
 
About "The Introvert's Guide to Speed Dating"

Speed dating: the act in which you have two minutes to figure out how much of a jerk someone is. And pretend like you don’t have the hots for your son’s soccer coach.

After four years living the single life, it’s decided that I, London Stuart, am back on the market.

I’m not even mad when my cousins and best friends put my name down for the speed dating sessions. In fact, I’m actually a little excited about it.

Until one of my dates turns out to be my six-year-old son’s irresistibly sexy soccer coach. His irresistibly sexy British soccer coach.

Oliver Hayes is too good to be true—he’s tall, dark, handsome, hilarious, and he genuinely loves kids. Especially mine. But he’s not sure if he’s even staying in the country, and I’m not sure I can handle giving him my heart if he’s only going to leave.

So why is he over for dinner almost every night? Why is he giving Leo private goalie sessions in the backyard? Why is he sending flowers to my desk at the newspaper?

And why, oh why, can’t I stop kissing him? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)