Thursday, July 29, 2021

Review: "The Nanny and the Nerd" by Krista Sandor

The Nanny and the Nerd The Nanny and the Nerd by Krista Sandor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After a terrible day in which she was fired from her job as a waitress, learned that both her car and laptop needed expensive repairs, and struggled with a serious case of writer's block, the last thing aspiring author Penny Fennimore expected was to be approached by a mysterious woman and offered a new job as a nanny. With nothing to lose, Penny agreed to an interview with eccentric tech genius Rowen Gale, who was in desperate need of help with his 6-year-old niece, Phoebe. Before long, Penny found herself moving into Rowen's mansion, caring for Phoebe, and...kissing Rowen in the hallway? That wasn't in the job description!

Penny and Rowen were super cute together and had a ton of chemistry. Their sometimes-awkward conversations were so funny, especially in the beginning, when they kept accidentally saying things that were meant to be entirely innocent but could easily be misinterpreted as innuendo. I also enjoyed the way they worked together, especially Rowen's support and encouragement of Penny as a writer. They made a great team, both personally and professionally. Finally, I loved their interactions with Phoebe, Rowen's adorable scene-stealer of a niece. Phoebe had been through so much in her short life, but she was still so cute and sassy. I can't even imagine what she'll be like when she hits her teens!

Overall, "The Nanny and the Nerd" was laugh-out-loud funny and sweet, but also surprisingly emotional at times. I adored this book and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait for the next book in the series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)