Thursday, July 29, 2021

Review: "Tempt Thy Neighbor" by Teagan Hunter

Congratulations to Teagan Hunter on the release of "Tempt Thy Neighbor," the fourth and final book of the Roommate Romps series. Characters from the previous books in the series make appearances in this one, but it reads as a standalone.

Holland Evans never expected to end up jobless and homeless in the same day, but that's exactly what happened when she arrived at her apartment after quitting the job she hated as her father's assistant to find her boyfriend and roommate together. She soon found herself sleeping on an air mattress in her brother Dean's guest room while searching for a new job. Holland's old high school rival, Sutton Barnes, ended up in a similar situation after causing a scandal at a charity event hosted by his wealthy father, which resulted in Sutton's ouster from the family business. A few weeks later, Sutton and Holland were both offered jobs with the same marketing firm; their old rivalry quickly reignited and grew even more intense after a bet forced them to share an apartment for six months.
 
The chemistry between Holland and Sutton was explosive, and I loved their witty, teasing banter. Sutton was a total flirt, but he was also very smart and a hard worker, which I didn't necessarily expect based on his behavior while causing the scandal at his father's charity event. As it turned out, he had been bottling up a lot of strong feelings over the years to keep the peace with his father and older brother, and those feelings finally exploded in one, unfortunately public, scene. After his family cut him off, Sutton was determined to prove that he didn't need them or their money to make it, and Holland was equally determined to succeed on her own. Once they got past their initial animosity and worked through some baggage from the past, Sutton and Holland found that they had quite a bit in common, and they were able to help each other through their tricky family issues.

Overall, while I'm sad that this series is coming to an end, Hunter finished on a high note with "Tempt Thy Neighbor." I highly recommend this book for fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy and look forward to whatever Hunter writes next.
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.  
 
 
About "Tempt Thy Neighbor"

Don’t fall for your coworker…especially when he’s your roommate.


Sutton Barnes thinks he’s Prince Charming, but he’s really the Prince of Hell.
He’s egotistical. A user. A complete douchecanoe.
And unfortunately now my coworker.

Did I mention he’s also my new roommate?

It’s all because I can’t turn down a challenge.
I never have, and I won’t start now.
When Sutton bets me I can’t live in the same apartment as him and resist the “temptation”…well, game on.

He’ll be the first to cave.
There is no way I’m falling for his charm…not again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)