Saturday, November 18, 2023

Review: "Christmas in Paradise" by Brittany Larsen

Christmas in Paradise

Christmas in Paradise by Brittany Larsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For Hope Lytle, landing a summer internship with the event coordinator in charge of her stepsister Evie's upcoming wedding seems like a dream come true. It's a difficult choice to leave her 3-year-old daughter, Charly, with her parents in Kansas for two months, but she can't pass up the chance to build a better future for both of them. A summer fling with electrician Sebastian Sparks turns out to be the perfect distraction from missing her daughter until Hope realizes that she's developed real feelings for him - and that he doesn't want kids. She ghosts Sebastian and heads back to Kansas early, but he can't stop thinking about her.

Five months later, Evie's Christmas-themed wedding is quickly approaching and Hope's boss is in need of onsite help, but she's not willing to leave her daughter behind again. When Sebastian finds out that she's back in town and looking for childcare, he convinces his mom to care for Charly while Hope works. But that won't be enough for him to win Hope back; she's determined to establish herself as an independent woman and hasn't forgotten Sebastian's feelings about kids. Can he prove that there's a place in his life for both Hope and Charly?

This book was my favorite of the series so far! Sebastian's efforts to learn how to "dad" with the puppy were adorable, and his struggles were so relatable. There's a learning curve for all of us when it comes to parenting (both pet and human). As for Hope, I loved how committed she was to doing what was best for Charly, even if it meant making sacrifices herself. She seemed incredibly mature for her age, and I appreciated that she was always so loving and calm with Charly. I also loved how patient she was with Sebastian as he worked through the lingering baggage of losing his father as a child.

I highly recommend "Christmas in Paradise" for all sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I can't wait for the next book in the series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)