Friday, November 24, 2023

Review: "The Cowboy Christmas Distraction" by Tiffany Noelle Chacon

The Cowboy Christmas Distraction: A Sweet NYC Christmas Rom-Com
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Monica Garcia Perez is fired from her job as an analyst with Goldman Sachs shortly before Christmas, her mentor, Helen, promises to write her a glowing letter of recommendation and help her find another job after the holidays - as long as Monica agrees to make some changes. Even though she's a talented analyst, Helen is concerned that Monica's brash attitude and shallow behavior will give potential employers the wrong impression. Thrown into a tailspin of self-doubt, Monica tries to focus on plans for her best friend Mila's upcoming visit to New York City, but a snowstorm causes Mila and her husband Alex's flight to be canceled. However, their friend Matthew Craig, a professional bull rider, is traveling separately and needs a place to stay. Monica volunteers her couch, hoping that the handsome cowboy will provide a much-needed distraction from everything that's gone wrong in her life. Matthew may not be what Monica expected, but if she'll let him, he could turn out to be exactly what she needs to get her life back on track.

While I wouldn't exactly describe this book as a Christian romance, it did contain some Christian themes, and I was impressed by the author's ability to integrate them without overwhelming the rest of the story. Monica's faith journey was just one piece of a needed re-evaluation of her life and priorities in the wake of getting fired. Her growing relationship with Matthew, and eventually his family, was another piece. He was sweet and they made a cute couple, though I didn't feel as if I got to know him very well since the story was narrated only from Monica's POV. What I did know, I liked, however, and he truly seemed to bring out the best in her.

Overall, I enjoyed this charming story and recommend it for all fans of sweet/closed-door contemporary romance. It was the first book I've read by this author but won't be the last.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)