Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Review: "Merry & Brett" by Megan Byrd

Merry & Brett

Merry & Brett by Megan Byrd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While searching for a full-time job in hospitality management, recent MBA graduate Meredith Logan accepts a temporary position with the Asheville Arboretum. The annual Winter Lights event is quickly approaching, and thanks to the recent retirement of the Arboretum's events coordinator, Meredith has been tasked with organizing this year's event. As a Christmas lover and longtime seasonal employee of Winter Lights, she couldn't be more excited. Meanwhile, local bookstore employee Brett Jacobs is looking for a way to make extra money to help his mom with some unexpected expenses. Working at Winter Lights isn't exactly ideal because of his antipathy for all things Christmas, but he decides to submit an application anyway because it works well with his bookstore schedule. Despite his less than enthusiastic attitude, Brett manages to impress Meredith at the interview and he lands the job. As she tries to help her new employee find his Christmas spirit, Meredith and Brett gradually become friends with the possibility for more...until Meredith's job search and Brett's old fears start to get in the way.

I loved this adorable holiday story, which featured endearing, relatable protagonists and a wonderful slow burn romance. Grumpy Brett and sunshine Meredith were each dealing with more than their fair share of family baggage and I couldn't help empathizing with their struggles. I really appreciated how hard they both worked to overcome their pasts, and the story's overall message about not letting the past dictate the future was a good one.

I highly recommend "Merry & Brett" for all fans of sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I hope Meredith's sister Paige gets a story of her own in the future!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)