Friday, November 24, 2023

Review: "A Fish Out of Water" by Savannah Scott

A Fish Out of Water
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Recent college graduate Ben Hayes is about to start his first real job as a water sports instructor at the Alicante Resort on California's Marbella Island. He's barely stepped off the ferry from the mainland when he meets aspiring actress Summer Monroe, who's currently working part-time in Guest Services at the Alicante while performing in a play at the island's community theater. Flirty Ben is used to women falling at his feet, so Summer's initial lack of interest in dating him presents a real challenge. Summer knows a charmer when she sees one, and experience has taught her to avoid them at all costs. But no matter how often she gives him the cold shoulder, Ben just can't seem to stay away. When Summer's co-star is forced to drop out of the play and Ben is unexpectedly offered the role, he can't turn down the opportunity to get closer to her. Will sharing the stage help Summer see a different side of Ben - and maybe, finally, convince her to give him a chance?

I already had a pretty big crush on Ben after finishing the first book of this series, so I was rooting for Summer to give him a chance from page 1. I fell even more in love with his friendly, outgoing personality as the story progressed. Summer's trust issues were completely understandable, but Ben was so sweetly patient with her. He clearly would have done just about anything to make her happy, as evidenced by his epic grand gesture and staunch support of her goal to make it in Hollywood. They made a super cute couple, and it's safe to say that I am #TeamBummer all the way!

Overall, I adored this funny, sweet, and heartwarming story and highly recommend it for all fans of sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to the next book of the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)