Sunday, November 19, 2023

Review: "Cupid's First Christmas" by Tana Jenkins

Cupid's First ChristmasCupid's First Christmas by Tana Jenkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Family practitioner Dr. Zack Albert recently returned to his childhood home on Michigan's Mackinac Island to take over his father's clinic. He's agreed to work there for the next year in exchange for his father paying off his medical school loans. When the year is up, Zack plans to turn the practice over to his cousin and return to Atlanta, where the painful memories of his mother's death and his tumultuous relationship with his father aren't so overwhelming.

Recent divorcée Linda Christianson is also back on Mackinac Island to spend Christmas with her family while she figures out a new life plan. She's helping out by delivering trees for the family Christmas tree farm when she runs into her younger brother's old friend, Zack. Linda was Zack's first crush but they haven't seen each other since before he went away to boarding school years ago. When she discovers a box of puppies on the front porch of Zack's clinic, Linda convinces him to help her care for them until permanent homes can be found. Can the magic of the season and three playful puppies bring these wounded souls together?

This was such a cute story! I loved Linda's belief in miracles and that she was so determined to help Zack believe too. Her concerns about him being younger than her were understandable, but to me, their age difference was never obvious. I'm not sure if it was having to grow up so quickly when he lost his mother or if it was because he was a doctor, but Zack approached everything with a degree of seriousness and maturity that others his age might have lacked. He and Linda made a perfect couple and I was rooting for them the whole way.

The one thing that might have improved this story for me is if there had been an epilogue. I really wanted to know how Linda's brother reacted to the news of her and Zack dating, as well as if Zack was able to increase the clinic's revenue. Other than that, I very much enjoyed "Cupid's First Christmas" and highly recommend it for all sweet/closed-door contemporary romance fans.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)