Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Review: "Bad Rebound" by Elise Faber

Bad Rebound Bad Rebound by Elise Faber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Bad Rebound" by Elise Faber is the first book of the Billionaire's Club: Bad Brothers series. It's a spinoff of the Billionaire's Club series and features cameos from a few familiar characters, but reads as a standalone.

Jeremy Hutchins has had feelings for his best friend Rafe's right-hand employee, Teresa, ever since they met, but until now, she's always had a boyfriend. Now that she's finally single, he decides to make his move, but she's not exactly receptive when he kisses her. Jeremy's the kind of man who can't help wanting to care for and protect the people he loves, and for Teresa, the way he does that sometimes comes across as smothering. Even though she's secretly attracted to him as well, she doesn't believe a relationship between them could ever work, so she pushes him away. Forced to take a hard look at his own behavior in the wake of Teresa's rejection, Jeremy realizes that some changes are in order, but will they be enough to convince her to reconsider?

There were quite a few ups and downs with this story, but for the most part, I enjoyed it. I particularly liked Jeremy and his efforts to learn a new pattern of behavior that wouldn't come across as overbearing to his family and friends, but unfortunately I found Teresa to be a bit annoying at times. She wasn't very good at compromising or articulating what she wanted/needed from others; it's like she thought they should already know without her telling them. I had to laugh at her competitiveness during game nights, however, as well as some of the things she did to try and help Jeremy find a new job that he'd actually enjoy, such as the career aptitude test.

Overall, I would recommend "Bad Rebound" for all contemporary romance fans. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series featuring Jeremy's brother Asher and friend Melody, though based on the events of this book, I suspect it will be an emotional roller coaster!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

TW: Sexual assault/rape

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)