Monday, September 26, 2022

Review: "False Start" by Melissa Ivers

False Start: Gridiron Love

False Start: Gridiron Love by Melissa Ivers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Natalie Fitzroy has been best friends with professional football player Hudson Prince for the past six years, but things take a turn one night when they go out for half-priced margaritas at their favorite Mexican restaurant and accidentally wind up in bed together, naked. The next morning, Natalie escapes before Hudson wakes up; she may not remember exactly what happened the night before, but she knows enough to be terrified that they've just ruined their friendship. Things are different for Hudson, who's had feelings for Natalie ever since they met. After a disastrous double blind date, he finally convinces her to give him a single night to explore their newfound physical connection, but will they really be able to go back to being just friends after that?

This fast-paced, funny, and sweet yet steamy story was an absolute delight! Natalie and Hudson had fantastic chemistry and I loved them as a couple. I also enjoyed catching up with Natalie's other best friend, Violet, and brother, Donovan, from "Summer Hate," as well as meeting a few of Hudson's teammates. I'm really looking forward to getting to know them better in the upcoming Nashville Aces series.

I highly recommend "False Start" for all contemporary/sports romance and romantic comedy fans and look forward to whatever Melissa Ivers writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)