Thursday, September 1, 2022

Review: "The Penalty Shot" by Maren Moore

The Penalty Shot

The Penalty Shot by Maren Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"The Penalty Shot" by Maren Moore was everything I never knew I wanted in a hockey romance and more. I loved that the lead character, Asher Hart, didn't fit the stereotype of a typical athlete; he was an introvert who preferred staying home to going out most of the time, enjoyed classic literature, and was a talented artist. He was also incredibly sweet and protective, qualities that only became more apparent after he met his neighbor, single mom Auden Claire. Auden was a teen mom and had been on her own since she was only 16, when her parents kicked her out for refusing to give up her baby. Even though she seemed shy at first, Auden was actually a fierce mama bear who'd do anything for her son, Alex. Asher's love and support made Auden feel safe for the first time in a long time, and she absolutely blossomed as the story progressed. Alex and Asher shared a special bond as well because of their common interests and the similar challenges they faced growing up. Without a doubt, the three of them were meant to be a family, and I was rooting for them the whole way.

I highly recommend "The Penalty Shot" for all contemporary/sports romance fans and can't wait for Maren Moore's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)