Saturday, September 10, 2022

Review: "Never Say Never" by Fiona West

Never Say Never: A Sweet Small-Town Romance

Never Say Never: A Sweet Small-Town Romance by Fiona West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Never Say Never" by Fiona West was a funny, sweet, and heartwarming story that featured endearing, well-developed characters and an engaging plot. It works well as a standalone, but I would suggest picking up book #4 of the Timber Falls series, "More Than We Bargained For," prior to this one for a richer reading experience.

I've been hoping West would write a story for Charlie Miller ever since I finished "More Than We Bargained For," and this one was totally worth the wait! I love redemption stories and this was one of the best ones I've read in some time. Charlie owned his mistakes, learned from them, and built a strong support system to help prevent himself from falling back into old patterns. Despite his failings as a husband while he was married to Starla, Charlie was a great dad, and I loved his interactions with their three kids. I also enjoyed seeing how far he'd come in his co-parenting relationship with Starla and her new husband, Sawyer.

Ruth Zane, who came to work for Charlie and Starla as their shared nanny, was a total sweetheart who turned out to be everything Charlie never knew he needed or wanted in a partner. He'd sworn off women and dating after his divorce, believing that he didn't deserve love after the mistakes he'd made in his marriage. There was also the added complication of the longstanding feud between Ruth and Charlie's families, which made him reluctant to even consider her for a job, much less as a romantic partner. As much as they didn't want to be, they couldn't help being drawn to each other, and I was rooting for them the whole way.

Overall, I absolutely adored "Never Say Never," finishing the book with a happy smile on my face. I highly recommend it for all sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans and can't wait for Fiona West's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)