Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Review: "Filthy Puckboy" by Elise Faber

Filthy Puckboy

Filthy Puckboy by Elise Faber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Filthy Puckboy" by Elise Faber, book #2 of the Rush Hockey Trilogy, continues the story of professional hockey player Axel Finnegan and rancher Bailey Donovan. It is not a standalone, but rather should be read after the first book of the series, "Big Puck Energy."

This story picks up right where the last book left off, with Bailey's parents and abusive ex-husband returning to River's Bend bent on profiting from Bailey's hard work in turning the ranch around. Even while he's away playing for the Gold, Axel's not going to let anyone take advantage of his girl, though Bailey's convinced she can take care of herself. I loved the way they communicated and worked through their problems together, even if their timing wasn't always the best, and when they were together they were just as cute (and steamy) as ever.

As with the last book, the only thing I didn't like about this story was the cliffhanger ending, which IMO was so much worse than the cliffhanger at the end of book #1. I can't wait for book #3 to find out what happens next! In the meantime, I highly recommend "Filthy Puckboy" for all fans of contemporary/sports romance.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)