Thursday, September 15, 2022

Review: "Dash: Rushing the Play" by Kayley Loring and Connor Crais

Dash: Rushing the Play

Dash: Rushing the Play by Kayley Loring and Connor Crais
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hoping to improve his attitude as well as his flexibility, star football player Dash Taylor's coach forced him into taking ballet lessons during his junior year of college. He expected his teacher to be a grandmotherly sort, but instead, he was surprised (and happy) to find Charlotte "Charlie" Bardot warming up in the studio when he arrived for his first class. Immediately attracted to his beautiful young teacher, Dash began flirting with Charlie, but she was determined to keep things professional between them. Two years later, Dash and Charlie are both living in Boston when they run into each other again. He's been drafted by the Boston Tomcats, while she's a professional ballerina with Ballet Boston. He finally gets his chance with her and they begin casually dating, though at first their meetups are few and far between because of their busy schedules. When Charlie unexpectedly becomes pregnant, their relationship begins to move faster than either one of them could have predicted. Can Dash prove to Charlie that he's in it for the long haul?

I'm pretty sure that every time Kayley Loring releases a new book, I say that it's her best one yet, and this time is no exception. There was a hint of angst to this story that combined beautifully with the humor and steam, and I was absolutely captivated from beginning to end. I read the whole story in one sitting because I loved Dash and Charlie so much. Dash may have been mean on the field, but he was incredibly sweet and protective when he was with Charlie, especially once they found out about the baby. I really empathized with Charlie's hormone-related mood swings, though they were pretty funny. Their debates over baby names were also a highlight of the book for me, as well as Dash's hilarious texts with his younger brothers.

I highly recommend this book for all fans of contemporary/sports romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series!

*Review copy provided by the authors. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)