Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Review: "Falling for a Friend" by Melonie Johnson (part of Dissent: A Charity Romance Anthology)

Dissent: A Charity Romance Anthology

Dissent: A Charity Romance Anthology by Brighton Walsh, et al.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review for "Falling for a Friend" by Melonie Johnson

Children's librarian Mark Martin has been asking single mom Luna Ibarra out for a long time, but she's always turned him down. Between running her farm and raising her 9-year-old son Toby, she has more than enough on her plate. Will a dare from her sister-in-law Sadie finally get her to take a chance and say yes to the handsome librarian?

This super cute, short, and sweet story was an absolute delight, filled with Johnson's signature blend of humor and heart. Readers familiar with the Sometimes in Love series may remember Luna as Bo's sister from the third book of the series, but it works well as a standalone for those who are new to Johnson's work. I'd highly recommend this story for all contemporary romance fans and wouldn't mind seeing more of Luna and Mark in the future.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)