Friday, November 25, 2022

Review: "Chocolate Covered Mistletoe" by Samantha Baca

Chocolate Covered Mistletoe

Chocolate Covered Mistletoe by Samantha Baca
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brooke Hansen and Ryder Jones grew up together in the small town of Stone Creek, Tennessee, but she hasn't seen her former high school crush in the years since he moved away with his ex-girlfriend. Following the sudden death of his father, Ryder realizes that he's needed at home to help care for his mother, so he sells his successful chocolate shop in Nashville and decides to open a new location in his father's old flower shop in Stone Creek. Unfortunately, that puts him in direct competition with Brooke, whose bakery is already struggling after a recent rent increase. Brooke is willing to do just about anything to save her business, but rekindling her friendship with Ryder is not part of those plans. Can he give her a reason to change her mind?

I very much enjoyed this funny, sweet, and perfectly steamy story. Ryder and Brooke made an adorable couple and the connection between them was apparent from the moment they first saw each other again. I appreciated that Ryder apologized for his actions toward Brooke before he left town and that he was honest about his feelings for her when they were younger. His behavior showed real growth and maturity, which is sometimes tough to do in a novella.

I recommend "Chocolate Covered Mistletoe" for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I will definitely be picking up the next book in the series, featuring Ryder's friend Parker and Brooke's friend Sheila.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)