Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Review: "How To Kiss Your Grumpy Boss" by Jenny Proctor

How to Kiss Your Grumpy Boss How to Kiss Your Grumpy Boss by Jenny Proctor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

With his sister Olivia out on maternity leave, Perry Hawthorne needs help managing the workload at family-owned Stonebrook Farm and Event Center, even if he is too stubborn to admit it. Under pressure from his family, he finally agrees to hire a virtual assistant: Lila Templeton, a widowed single mother who happens to live in a small town about 20 minutes away. A roadside emergency leads to them becoming acquainted in real life, along with Lila's 5-year-old son, Jackson, who decides that Perry's an excellent candidate to be his new "stairdad." Perry's sworn off relationships after a bitter divorce, but when he asks Lila to begin working with him in-person to help with preparations for Stonebrook's annual festival, he quickly finds himself growing attracted to her. Can they each set aside the baggage of the past to build a future together?

I couldn't help but be charmed by how awkward Lila and Perry's interactions were when they first met; they were obviously attracted to each other, but for several reasons had decided that it was best to keep their relationship professional. I really liked that they took things slowly and that Lila was so deliberate in her approach to Perry spending time with Jack. I also liked that it didn't go smoothly right away, and that Perry expressed legitimate concerns about becoming an instant father. As much as I love it when blended families just seem to work in single parent books, Perry's reaction felt much more realistic and relatable to me.

Overall, I loved "How to Kiss Your Grumpy Boss" and highly recommend it for all fans of sweet/closed-door contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I can't wait for the next book in the series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)