Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Review: "Stuck Under the Mistletoe" by Georgia Coffman

"Stuck Under the Mistletoe" by Georgia Coffman is part of the multi-author Naughty List series and also ties into the Stuck with You series, though it works well as a standalone.
 
Facing a frivolous lawsuit from the father of one of her students, high school art teacher Katie Bumble is having a tough time getting into the holiday spirit. In an effort to cheer her up, her best friend from college decides to set her up on a blind date with her brother, Griffin Chase. It seems like a promising setup until attorney Griffin humiliatingly stands her up; he learned of Katie's lawsuit on the news and is afraid that being seen with her could ruin his professional reputation. The following evening, Katie and Griffin meet by chance at his sister's Christmas party and hit it off, but harsh words are exchanged after their identities are revealed. Neither of them can forget the kiss they shared under the mistletoe, however. Maybe his sister was right about them all along...
 
I loved Griffin and Katie's snappy banter as well as the passion that was hiding just beneath the surface of their relationship, waiting to ignite. Katie was quite likeable and I couldn't help but empathize with the unfair situation she was in because of the lawsuit. I wasn't quite as fond of Griffin, who sometimes came across as a judgmental jerk in his treatment of Katie. I totally understand how a job like his could turn someone cynical; even so, as an attorney, shouldn't he have believed in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" and waited to draw conclusions until he had all the facts? That said, I truly believed that he saw the error of his ways, and I was OK with where he and Katie ended up. (I wouldn't have minded seeing him grovel a bit more, however.)
 
I'd recommend "Stuck Under the Mistletoe" for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to Coffman's next release.
 
*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.
 
 
About "Stuck Under the Mistletoe"

When my best friend offers to set me up with her brother on a blind date, I happily agree. I trust her, and I need some good fortune this holiday season.

Except the Grinch doesn’t show.

That’s right—he stands me up. Add that to my list of grievances this Christmas.

But before I resign myself to spending this cheery month alone, searching the neighborhood for stray cats to love on, I meet a guy at a party.

The only serious things about the charming mystery man are his sharp suit and even sharper jawline. It only takes a few minutes to realize he’s just the fun I need after all the drama overwhelming me lately.

After one glass of bubbly and a few laughs to the tune of “Frosty the Snowman,” we steal a kiss under the mistletoe, and my life is forever changed.

But right when I think I couldn’t be happier, I find out my holiday hottie is none other than my best friend’s brother—the smug lawyer who bailed on our blind date without so much as a text or apology.

I should hate him, but it’s too late.

I’m stuck under the mistletoe, replaying our kiss over and over in my head.

I’m stuck on Griffin Chase. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)