Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Review: "Falling for Mr. Safety" by Delancey Stewart and Marika Ray

Falling For Mr. Safety Falling For Mr. Safety by Marika Ray and Delancey Stewart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Pet shop owner Juniper Carlisle is putting together an animal talent show to be held before the first game of the season at Solano Creek's new minor league baseball complex. She's counting on her best friend Iris to be her assistant, but when Iris is forced to back out, security expert Carter Callihan reluctantly steps in. Los Angeles-based Carter is in Solano Creek to help with security for the new ballpark as well as to visit his grandfather and older brother Trey, Iris's fiance. His cautious approach to life couldn't possibly be more different from Juni's quirky, fun-loving personality, but secretly, he can't help being fascinated by her. Spending time with Juni and his family helps uptight Carter relax, and the less he focuses on what could go wrong, the more he realizes what has been missing in his life - namely, Juni. After their rocky beginning, can he convince her to give him a chance?

This story was completely adorable and I enjoyed it tremendously. Juni and Carter's banter was hilarious and despite their differences, they made a super cute couple. They each had some family baggage to work through, though the focus was mainly on Juni's issues with her circus performer parents. They were apparently pretty self-absorbed and I completely understood why she felt they'd overlooked her all her life, but I appreciated that not everything was as it seemed with them. What I most loved about the book, however, was Carter's incredibly creative, funny, and sweet grand gesture near the end. It was totally out of left field, but perfect nonetheless.

I highly recommend this book for all romantic comedy fans and can't wait to get my hands on the next book of the series.

*Review copy provided by the authors. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)