Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Review: "Lovestruck" by Julia Jarrett

Lovestruck Lovestruck by Julia Jarrett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Lovestruck" by Julia Jarrett is part of the multi-author Naughty List series and also ties into Jarrett's Dogwood Cove series, though it works well as a standalone.

Waitress and nursing student Kat Donnelly has had a crush on police officer Hunter Callaghan for nearly two years, but he's never seemed to notice her as more than a friend. The truth is that Hunter returns Kat's feelings but doesn't believe she would ever be interested in him. Besides, her four overprotective older brothers have made it clear that their baby sister is off limits. Motivated by a viral video to go after what she wants, Kat works up the courage to ask Hunter to the annual charity gala benefiting the Dogwood Cove animal shelter. Unfortunately, as the event draws closer, Hunter finds himself overwhelmed with anxiety, convinced that he will never be good enough for Kat. Can he overcome his fears - as well as the objections of Kat's brothers - to build a future with the girl of his dreams?

Having struggled with anxiety myself, I couldn't help both relating to and being heartbroken by much of what Hunter went through in this story. I can't count the number of times I've had similar thoughts of not being good enough go through my head! Kat was in a unique position to understand his anxiety because of her medical background, and I really appreciated that she applied her knowledge to the situation rather than jumping to conclusions. That's just one of the reasons that she and Hunter made such a great couple, and I loved cheering them on to their HEA.

I highly recommend "Lovestruck" for all fans of contemporary/small town romance and/or the friends to lovers trope. I can't wait to get my hands on whatever Jarrett writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)