Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Review: "Scrooge and the Girls Next Door" by Melanie Jacobson

Scrooge and the Girls Next Door Scrooge and the Girls Next Door by Melanie Jacobson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Anthropology professor Henry Hill thrives on quiet and control, so when the vacant house next door goes up for sale, he's concerned. He's even more concerned when he learns that the prospective buyer is single mom Paige Redmond, whose sunny personality couldn't be more different from his own. Henry's efforts to prevent the sale are unsuccessful, but that doesn't mean he's going to meekly accept his fate. If only Paige would stop fighting back at every turn...

I've been looking forward to Paige's story ever since I finished her brother Noah's in "Kiss the Girl," and it turned out to be even better than I'd hoped. The chemistry and banter between Paige and Henry was phenomenal. I loved that she had her own unique way of standing up to him and getting him out of his comfort zone. I also loved Henry's relationship with Paige's daughter Evie. She and Paige may not have been what he thought he wanted at first, but they were exactly what he needed.

This funny, sweet, and heartwarming story was one of my favorite holiday romances of the season so far, as well as one of my favorite books of 2022! I highly recommend it for all fans of sweet contemporary romance and romantic comedy and look forward to whatever the author writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)