Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Review: "The Bookworm's Guide to Dating" by Emma Hart

 The Bookworm's Guide to DatingThe Bookworm's Guide to Dating by Emma Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"The Bookworm's Guide to Dating" by Emma Hart was a charming, sweet, and laugh-out-loud funny story that featured likeable, relatable characters and an engaging plot. The chemistry between main characters Kinsley and Josh was fantastic, and I adored their witty banter and teasing. Most importantly, however, I appreciated the way that they not only accepted but loved each other's flaws and eccentricities.

I found Kinsley to be especially relatable because I, too, am a bookworm and have a tendency to fall in love with (and get mad at) fictional characters. She could sometimes be awkward around new people (and had the less-than-stellar track record of dates to prove it), but Kinsley was delightfully snarky and funny when she was with her friends, and it was evident why Josh was so drawn to her. He tried to resist those feelings because he didn't want to jeopardize his friendship with Kinsley's brother, Colton, but that became more and more difficult after he volunteered to serve as Kinsley's matchmaker and realized that the only match he wanted her to make was with him.

Hart is a master at creating lovably quirky secondary characters, and the ones in this story were no exception. I particularly loved Josh and Kinsley's grandparents and the other residents of their town's assisted living facility. Their shenanigans related to the duck pond were hilarious! Josh and Kinsley's friend group was also tremendously entertaining, and I'm looking forward to learning more about them in future books.

Overall, I absolutely loved "The Bookworm's Guide to Dating" and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romantic comedy. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in this series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)