Friday, October 9, 2020

Review: Better than the Book

Better than the Book Better than the Book by M.E. Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Better than the Book" by M.E. Carter and Andrea Johnston was a super cute and laugh-out-loud funny story that featured endearing characters and a delightful romance between stage manager/blogger Celeste Pumperkin and actor Hunter Stone. The two of them had incredible chemistry, and I loved their witty, flirtatious banter.

There were so many moments that made me smile and laugh while I was reading this book, but my favorites were when Hunter confused Ambien for Tylenol and Celeste's assorted struggles to get to the fan convention for Hunter's TV show. I also laughed every time someone messed up Celeste's last name. To be fair, it was quite unusual, and even Hunter ended up just calling her "Celeste Pumper-whatever" after a while.

This was the first book I've read in the Charitable Endeavors series, but I enjoyed meeting Carrie and Matthew from "Model Behavior" here, and their story sounds like it was just as much fun as Hunter and Celeste's. I will definitely be going back to read that one.

Overall, I really enjoyed "Better than the Book" and recommend it for all fans of contemporary romantic comedy. I look forward to checking out the other books in this series.

*Review copy provided by the authors. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)