Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Review: "Rebel without a Claus" by Emma Hart

Rebel Without A Claus Rebel Without A Claus by Emma Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When her father comes down with the flu, Quinn Langley is tasked with organizing the Santa's Grotto her family sponsors at the annual Snow Cove Christmas market. She knows it will be a challenge to find someone to fill in for her dad as Santa with only 24 hours left before the market opens, and she's about to give up when her former friend from high school, Nicholas White, knocks on the door. He's back in their hometown to help clean out his grandmother's house following her recent passing, but otherwise he has nothing to do, so he volunteers to be Quinn's Santa. She's reluctant to accept his help because things between them ended badly, but with no other choice, Quinn is forced to try and put the past behind her. That proves to be more difficult than expected when the chemistry between them burns as hot as ever, but she can't let herself get too attached. After all, Nicholas is only back in Vermont temporarily. What happens when the holidays are over and he has to return to his real life in Illinois?

This super cute, laugh-out-loud funny story was absolutely the perfect way to get myself into the Christmas spirit. Nicholas and Quinn made a terrific couple and I found it very easy to cheer them on to their HEA. Nicholas was such a tease, and I enjoyed the way he tricked grinchy Quinn into admitting that there were things she actually liked about Christmas. Even though I'm a Christmas lover, I couldn't help but find Quinn's snarky, sometimes inappropriate thoughts about the Christmas season to be absolutely hilarious. (I even agreed with some of them; if I never hear a certain Mariah Carey song again in my life, it will be too soon.)

The book's secondary characters were also a ton of fun, particularly Quinn's very pregnant sister Verity and their poker-playing, eggnog-spiking grandpa. Quinn's best friend Erin, whose family owned the local bakery/cafe, was also an interesting character. She was casually dating a guy named Oscar but it seemed like there might be more to the story of their relationship. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to read more about them (or even just Erin) in a future book!

Overall, I adored "Rebel without a Claus" and highly recommend it for all holiday romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to Emma Hart's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)