Thursday, December 22, 2022

Review: "Blame It On the Eggnog" by Samantha Baca

Blame It On the Eggnog

Blame It On the Eggnog by Samantha Baca
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After relocating from Florida to the small town of Sugarplum Falls, Idaho, one of the first items on single dad Elliott Weston's to-do list is finding a nanny for his 3-year-old son, Alex. He offers the job to Sunny Wells, who quickly draws Alex - and Elliott - in with her kind and caring personality. He tries to put his personal feelings for her aside, concerned about the nearly 15-year age difference between them as well as the possible impact a relationship could have on his son, but when Sunny is forced to temporarily move in with them during a blizzard, it becomes impossible to fight the attraction. As Christmas approaches, Alex is thriving and Elliott's relationship with Sunny is deepening when an unexpected visitor changes everything. Can Elliott convince Sunny that their love is worth fighting for?

I very much enjoyed this sweet yet steamy holiday romance. Sunny and Elliott's relationship got off to a bit of a rocky start because of his efforts to deny his feelings for her, which sent some mixed signals. Once he stopped fighting the attraction, however, they made a great couple. While the relationship moved quickly, I believed in the strength of their feelings for each other. Further, I loved their steamy chemistry as well as the sweet family moments they shared with Alex. This really was the perfect read to get me into the holiday spirit.

I highly recommend "Blame It On The Eggnog" for all contemporary romance fans and look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)