Friday, December 9, 2022

Review: "A Holly Jilly Christmas" by Emma St. Clair

A Holly Jilly Christmas A Holly Jilly Christmas by Emma St. Clair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"A Holly Jilly Christmas" by Emma St. Clair is loosely connected to the Love Stories in Sheet Cake (aka Graham Brothers) series but reads as a standalone.

When her family Christmas plans fall through, Jilly Peters decides to make the best of a bad situation by setting off on a last-minute business trip to scout filming locations for her employer, Brightmark Studios. She's convinced that the small, quirky town of Sheet Cake, Texas would be the perfect filming hub for Brightmark's brand of feel-good romance movies and hopes that presenting her find to her boss will win her a promotion. The only problem with Jilly's plan? Her grumpy colleague, Case Winchester, who's decided to invite himself along on her trip. Even though she's secretly had a crush on Case ever since they met, she can't help being suspicious of his motives for accompanying her. Could he be trying to take credit for Jilly's idea? Or is there some other reason that Case wants to spend time with Jilly?

I completely adored this funny, sweet holiday novella. Jilly and Case were both so likeable and relatable, and I loved their witty banter and swoony kisses. I also loved that Jilly used her familiarity with common romance tropes to figure out how to navigate their relationship. Like her, I hate big misunderstandings, so I was especially happy that they managed to avoid that one!

I highly recommend this story for all contemporary/sweet romance and romantic comedy fans and can't wait for the author's next release.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)